NOMINATE A STUDENT IN GRADES 4-7 TODAY! See Guidelines Below.
Young Ambassador Nomination Guidelines
About the Young Ambassadors’ Program:
- Young Ambassadors is designed to recognize young people that display good character through their involvement in community service and/or show exceptional leadership in the classroom.
- All nominated students will receive a free Young Ambassadors t-shirt, gifts from area businesses, and public recognition in October.
- From the nominations, 12 students will be selected to be mentored by members of the Sioux City Mayor’s Youth Commission.
- Must be in 4th-7th grade during 2012-2013 school year.
- Must be enrolled in a Sioux City public or parochial school, or reside in Sioux City and attend a school outside of Sioux City, or be home schooled in Sioux City.
- Must be available for the recognition event in October.
- Must have a completed letter of recommendation written by a teacher, family member, or anyone associated with the child.
To nominate a young person for the Young Ambassadors’ Program, please submit a letter of recommendation explaining how they have displayed good character and/or exceptional leadership inside or outside of the classroom.
All letters of recommendation should be submitted by May 1, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to Sioux City Young Ambassadors, c/o Siouxland CARES, 101 Pierce Street, Sioux City, Iowa, 51101.
Please complete the information below and include with your letter of recommendation.
All nominated students will be recognized in October. Out of the large pool of children nominated, 12 will be chosen to be mentored by members of the Sioux City Mayor’s Youth Commission the following year.
This is a program of the Sioux City Mayor’s Youth Commission and Siouxland CARES.
Application Information Needed
Grade in School:
Female / Male (circle one)
Name of Person Making the Recommendation
Email Address of Person Making the Recommendation
Address and Phone Number of Person Making the Recommendation
This material is neither endorsed nor sponsored by the Sioux City Community School District or Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools.