What is TIPS?
TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS is a dynamic skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers, and consumers of alcohol. TIPS helps individuals understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those who are getting into trouble with alcohol.
Employees and managers who participate are able to:
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
- Recognize signs of intoxication.
- Effectively intervene to prevent problem situations.
- Handle refusal situations with greater confidence.
How Does My Establishment Benefit?
Retailers who use TIPS benefit immediately by reducing risk and creating a safer, more responsible work environment.
TIPS training can:
- Reduce exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits.
- Reduce penalties for alcohol violations.
- Lower insurance premiums.
- Prevent property damage.
- Improve customer service and satisfaction.
Due to grant funding this training is provided at no cost for a limited time.
For additional information, or to sign up for training connect Davidson Wissing at 712-234-2327 or DWissing@jacksonrecovery.com
Free Training is only available in Plymouth, Monona and Woodbury Counties